The Liberal National Party of Queensland of 281 Sandgate Road, Albion, QLD 4010 (we or us) provide a range of electronic services including this website and electronic newsletters (Electronic Services).
These terms and conditions have been developed and published on this website to ensure that you (website visitor) understand the legal terms that govern your use of our Electronic Services. We may also accept payments through our Electronic Services and these terms govern any such payments.
You must therefore read and agree to the following terms and conditions before accessing, using, responding to, or making any payment through our Electronic Services:
- By accessing, responding to, subscribing to, or making any purchase or payment through any Electronic Services you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any acceptable use policy we may introduce in future (which will form part of these terms and conditions).
- You agree to us communicating with you regarding our various articles, activities, events, campaigns, goods, and services using the information you provide to us, including by electronic messages.
- We may vary or amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately from the time we post the amendments to this website or we notify you in any other way. You may like to print a copy of these terms and conditions for your records. We also recommend you check our website for any changes from time to time.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, our Electronic Services are provided solely for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to protect and keep secret any login information, username or password created or made available to you for any Electronic Service. We will have no liability to you of any kind for loss or damage you may suffer as a result of unauthorised access to or use of such information as a result of your acts, omissions or negligence.
- All media, content, information, trade marks, trade names, logos and other material provided through our Electronic Services (including all copyright and other rights contained in them) are our property or the property of our licensors and must not be reproduced or dealt with in any way without our consent.
- All submissions in the way of questions, comments, blogs, and petition signatures that are submitted to this website using the Electronic Services provided are done so with the knowledge that we may publish and/or remove from publication this submitted content at any time without consent or notification.
- All submissions in the way of questions, comments, blogs, and petition signatures that are submitted to this website using the Electronic Services provided by you are done so with the knowledge that submissions may be subject to editing before being published at our own discretion and without consent or notification, whether it be in the way of correcting spelling, punctuation, grammar, censorship or editing of titles to make blogs easier to find by category or tag, and in that regard you agree that we may do any acts that would otherwise infringe any moral rights you may have under the Copyright Act 1968 in submitted material.
- As a general rule, we do not publish any comments or feedback that includes and promotes or displays links or hyperlinks to external websites.
- We will not publish your email addresses if and when you have submitted content, unless specifically requested by you or if it is part of your submission. Email fields, whether or not they are required to be completed to submit Electronic Services, are used only by us so that we may contact you directly. We will not provide your email address to any third party.
- We use reasonable care in preparing and presenting material we provide through our Electronic Services. Information may be provided by you and third parties, including other users, and we are under no obligation to verify this information.
- Any link you make to an Electronic Service must be in a way that presents the service as we intended. You must not directly link to, frame, or manipulate the material contained in an Electronic Service or disguise its origin or ownership.
- Information we supply is provided as general information only and not professional advice. You must make your own independent enquiries and obtain appropriate advice regarding any issue before making any decision or taking any action.
- We do not necessarily endorse the content of websites to which we have provided links and encourage you to make your own decision about the accuracy and reliability of information found on those websites. If you believe we are linking to any material that infringes the rights of a third party (including copyright), please notify us immediately.
- We do not necessarily endorse the content submitted by you or other website visitors using our Electronic Services and encourage you to make your own decision about the accuracy and reliability of information submitted by other visitors, whether they be blogs, comments or other submissions made using our Electronic Services. If you believe we are publishing material that infringes the rights of a third party (including copyright), please notify us immediately.
- We may accept payments for membership fees, donations, and goods and services you order through our Electronic Services. We use third party payment gateway service providers (Payment Providers) to facilitate such payments. The amount you are authorising us to charge you through your selected payment method will be displayed at the time you authorise the payment to us. An acceptance of your payment does not signify acceptance of your membership application, donation, or order. All membership applications will be considered in accordance with the provisions of our Constitution and we will promptly notify you once your membership application or order for goods or services is accepted or rejected.
- If you purchase membership through an Electronic Service and nominate payment to be made by ‘direct debit’ or ‘credit card’ and indicate that the membership is to be ‘automatically renewed’, you, until further notice to us in writing, request us to debit the account nominated (Nominated Account) or credit card nominated (Nominated Card) (whichever is applicable) in the online membership portal for the appropriate fee. We will debit/charge your Nominated Account or Nominated Card annually one month prior to your membership subscription expiry date.
- To the full extent permitted by law, unless otherwise provided in these terms and conditions, all payments made through our Electronic Services are non-refundable unless we reject your membership application, donation, or order. We will use our best endeavours to make refunds within 60 days of the event giving rise to the refund.
- We will confirm your order and recurring payment request (if nominated in your membership application) by electronic message once it has been received. You irrevocably consent to us communicating with you via electronic messages in connection with your payment and/or order. In some circumstances we may decline an order you have placed, in which case we will notify you by electronic message that we have declined the order and we will instruct our Payment Provider to refund to you the full amount you have paid, using your payment details, including credit or debit card information (Card Details).
- If you purchase goods through an Electronic Service, we will deliver them to you using the delivery method indicated at the time you made the order. The price payable for goods or services is displayed within the Electronic Service through which your order is placed. All prices for goods or services include all applicable taxes, including GST, unless expressly stated to the contrary. Additional terms and conditions may apply to particular goods or services purchased, in which case those terms will be notified to you at or before the time you make the relevant purchase.
- When you make a payment, we provide your payment details (Payment Details) including name, address, billing and contact information and Card Details to our Payment Provider to process your payment. Your Payment Details are retained by our Payment Provider so that we can provide you with a refund, if required. We do not retain a copy of your Card Details however we may retain a portion of them, such as the first and last digits of your card number.
- We will ship goods to you using the method notified to you in the Electronic Service through which you submit your order. The expected time for shipping will be advised at the time you submit your order, or shortly thereafter, but shipping times may vary.
- You must inform us of any defects in any goods within 14 days of your receipt of the goods from us. If you believe there is a defect in any goods which we have supplied to you or you fail to receive goods you have purchased from us, please follow the instructions for contacting us below. If we instruct you to return defective goods to us, unless otherwise instructed by us, you will be notified by electronic message with your ship back instructions and address the returned goods to Liberal National Party of Queensland of 281 Sandgate Road, Albion, QLD 4010. Subject to the other provisions of this paragraph, we will replace defective goods or instruct our Payment Provider to refund to you the full amount you have paid for the goods, using your Payment Details.
- If GST is payable as a consequence of any supply made (or deemed to be made) by one party to the other in connection with this Agreement, the amount of that GST is included in the price stated in the Electronic Service as payable under this Agreement and you will receive a tax invoice showing the amount of GST paid.
- We make no statements or guarantees relating to the operation of our Electronic Services, or that the information and material provided through our Electronic Services is suitable for you, always available, complete or current. We encourage you to check the currency of any information provided through our Electronic Services before referring others to that information.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we take no responsibility and disclaim all liability for information, goods or services provided through our Electronic Services, or for decisions made on the basis of information shown or not shown through our Electronic Services (whether due to our negligence or otherwise). Information provided through our Electronic Services is in no way provided as our advice, approval, recommendation or endorsement and any reference or link to other websites or any reference to other people, services or information, is provided only for your awareness and should not be relied on.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability for any claims, loss, damage, costs (including legal costs), expense or liability of any kind suffered by you or any other person in connection with our Electronic Services or goods or services purchased through Electronic Services, whether direct, indirect, consequential or special and whether we were aware of the possibility of that loss or damage or whether it was due to our negligence or otherwise. You unconditionally release us and our officers, employees, agents, contractors, and advisors from any such liability.
- Any personal information, e-mail addresses or other electronic addresses provided in or accessible through an Electronic Service must not be harvested for use in another database or used to send commercial electronic messages or be placed on any e-mail distribution list.
- You warrant that any material you submit to us on or via any Electronic Services is not defamatory, discriminatory, does not vilify or insult any person, is not in breach of any laws or regulations, and does not (and its publication will not) infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party. You are liable for any claims by other users, third parties or us for loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered in connection with your use and participation in our Electronic Services and material that you provide us (including claims it is defamatory or infringes confidentiality or intellectual property rights) and you must indemnify us and our officers, employees, agents, contractors and advisors against any such claims.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all terms and warranties implied by law in relation to the provision of our Electronic Services, or goods or services purchased through Electronic Services. If a term or warranty cannot be lawfully excluded, we limit our liability to the extent permitted by law to, at our option, resupplying or the cost of you acquiring the relevant services, goods or equivalent goods, or in the case of goods, repairing or the cost of having the goods repaired.
- We make no guarantees that our Electronic Services or the information contained in or provided through our Electronic Services will be free of harmful computer viruses, data, code or programs. You should ensure you are using an up to date virus scanner.
- To the full extent permitted by law, we will not be liable in any circumstances for any delays or interruptions in the provision of our Electronic Services, or delays in the provision or delivery of any goods or services.
- At any time and without notice or liability we may change the content or format or method of delivery of our Electronic Services, withdraw any material or services provided or refuse to allow any user or third party access to our Electronic Services.
- Access to and participation in our Electronic Services is governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia and you agree to be bound by the laws and submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland.
- The use of the word ‚ ‘including’, in these terms and conditions is not to be taken as limiting the meaning of the words preceding it.
- Any provision of these terms and conditions that is invalid in any place is only invalid in that place to that extent, without invalidating or affecting the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions or the validity of that provision in any other place.
- If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you must not use or sign-up to any Electronic Service, including this website and any electronic newsletters.
You can contact us with any queries regarding our Electronic Services or these terms and conditions at the above address, online via this website, or by calling (07) 3844 0666.